This is really more for the guys I know, but I'm sure girls can relate as well. Please feel free to add any great excuses you might have heard from someone as well. I was originally going to name this a 'Top 10" but I thought I will probably want to add to it later. Anyway, here goes nothing at my first attempt at blogging. Hope you enjoy.
"Hey, you want to grab a coffee from Starbucks or dinner or something and catch up a bit?" - me
"Nah, I haven't taken a shower yet today and I really need to" - girl
"Seriously? Did you just use the excuse 'I need to wash my hair' on me? That's awesome!" - me
"Well, no, I just feel gross" - girl
"Cool." - me
"Did you still want to go running on Saturday like we had planned?" - me
"Well, actually I don't have car insurance so I can't." - girl
"Really? Last time I checked I have car insurance and could come pick you up but apparently that doesn't matter." - thoughts in my brain
"Hey, do you want to hang out on Sunday and check out my new place, it's really a sweet place." - me
"Nah, I really like to just laze around on Sundays."
"Awesome." - thoughts in my brain
Now, all of those I have to give credit because they were all from the same girl, I have to admit those are probably my top three up until this point in my life. And now for some more...
"Hey, do you still want to catch that movie tonight?" - me
"Ah, I'd really like to, but I don't have any money right now." - girl
"That's really no problem...I was going to cover you anyway." - me
"Ah, I couldn't ask you to do that." - girl
"But a couple of weeks ago I took you out to dinner and a Broadway show, which cost about $200. A movie costs about $10. So, while I respect your apparent indepence in wanting to pay for yourself, could I maybe have $100 back from the other night due to that indepence you just found?" - thoughts in my brain
"Hey, do you want to hang out later this week?" - me
"I'd love to but I can't, I'm just super busy all the time this semester." - girl
"But you're an elemtary education major like myself. And you don't have a job while you're in college. Which means you're either really not that smart and shouldn't be in college, or you're just making a lame excuse" - thoughts in my brain (this was from my time in college, by the way)
"We should really catch up sometime. We haven't hung out in a long time." - me
"I'd love to, but I'm actually courting someone right now and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed in our contract that we made the other week." - girl
"What? Did that really just happen?" - thoughts in my brain
"Hey, you know the other night when you tried to kiss me and I gave you the cheek?" - girl
"Yeah, I was really trying to forget about that actually but thanks for bringing it up." - me
"Well, it's just that I'm coming off a pretty serious relationship and am not ready to dive back into one yet." - girl
One Week Later...
"So, I went out this last weekend and got drunk. Unfortunately, I ended up in some guy's bed and had no idea how I had gotten there." - girl
"Hmmm, that's interesting." - me
"What is that supposed to mean" - girl
"Well, a week and a half ago I tried to simply kiss you goodnight and you weren't having any of it. But this guy is a complete stranger and you end up in his bed? How does that work?" - me
"Well, I was drunk, I thought I already said that." - girl
"Oh, now it makes perfect sense." - me
And now for some excuses that I've given to people. I'll try and set these up a little for ya.
This first one is when I went to a single's group for the first time, mainly to see this girl I had a thing for at the time and a delusional thought that we'd end up together, even though she was with someone else at the time.
"Yeah, I'll go to the single's group with you. What time does it end?" - me
"No later than 9:00" - girl
"Sweet, I'll be there." - me
Later that night...
First off, they were watching a DVD series on the Song of Solomon...really? in a singles' group? come on! So anyway, after the DVD, we split into guys and girls discussion groups, for obvious reasons. These guys are talking away and I'm completely silent because this is obviously pretty awkward material to talk about with people I don't know. And I keep looking at my watch. Pretty soon, it's already 9:20 and the end is nowhere in sight. Then, my chance comes.
"So, Justin, what do you think about all this stuff?"
"Uh, this is my first night here and I'm new here so I really don't know. But I told my roommate I'd be home at 9:00 to run tonight, so I really gotta go. Sorry for leaving early."
"Oh, you can use my cell phone and call him." - some dude in the group
"Thanks, but I don't have his number on me." - me
After that little episode, I never went back :)
This second excuse also involves a singles' group, huh, irony
I went to a church with my roommate and saw on the website that there was a single's group meeting afterward so I thought we should check it out. After arriving in the room of the singles' group, my roommate and I quickly realize that everyone besides us is at least 40 years old. To top it off, they're having a Christmas celebration that night that we didn't know about since we were new.
"Is this the place of the singles' group?" - me
"Yeah, something like that, I guess." - some guy who had to be at least 50 years old
After sitting for a while and trying to be nice...
"Hey man, do you want to help me go get those chips from my car that I brought for tonight?" - me
"Yes." - roommate
And again, I never went back.
I'm sure I've given my fair share of excuses to girls as well, I just can't think of any right now...probably because it didn't matter too much to me, much like the girls who I mentioned made the above excuses probably don't remember those excuses either.
10 comments:
So if I become a teacher will I have this much time on my hands too?
Seriously, how goes it? We need to get together next time you're in the area.
HA HA! I like Matty's coment!
Justin...I haven't even read your post yet. It's a freakin novel!
***insert reference of Kevin james greeting card joke about not reading long cards here.***
okay, I've read it (for freakin EVER) and....LOVE IT! I've heard all these before (I was even there for a couple of them) and they still get me crackin up every time. ha ha ha.
**Sorry of the multiple comments...just wanted to add...
Cudos on the blog address! Hilarious!
B
During my Junior year of High School:
Me: Hey, would you wanna go catch a movie this weekend?
Girl: Well, um, you know...next week is thanksgiving and my mom has me doing all these crafts and things for her...
Me: yea...well...when you're done with being Martha Stewart, why don't ya gimme a call...
When you get to the "worst attempts at getting a date" blog, lemme know...cause I have a dandy! (strangely, regarding the very same girl!)
"Well, a week and a half ago I tried to simply kiss you goodnight and you weren't having any of it. But this guy is a complete stranger and you end up in his bed? How does that work?" - me
Justin, you didn't let her finish. They were having a bible study in his bed...you're such a jerk. :D
drab's gay
when was the last time you had to get an STD check for a Bible study, Daner? haha
Shouldn't you have more than one entry in your blog by now... maybe you should try some observations and i hope that the person responsible for the top three doesn't read this or was that the point; publish this so she would read it. hahahaha
me: Ohh you're on your way.....well actually I'm grocery shopping in Virginia with my roommate, I completely forgot we had plans.
(as I'm laying on the couch watching TV)
the excuse I most recently gave for getting out of a date!
WOW!!!! These are hilarious! Now I know why you suggested I read it. Btw, I would totally want to meet the girl that said those first three excuses...seriously? I dont have car insurance? Was she a US citizen?
And you actually know someone who had a courting contract!? Who are these freak shows!?? I think its a good thing you are not with any of them... silverlining
Post a Comment