Just realized I haven't posted for a while, oops.
I spent a week in Vienna and loved it. Had gorgeous weather the first 4 days, followed by rainy weather the last 3, but it was still good. I went to a fantastic symphony orchestra concert of Beethoven's 9th symphony and absolutely loved it. Following that was a famous Viennese cafe with my couchsurfing host for hot chocolate and some chocolate truffle torte, excellent. Vienna was split up into 2 hosts, both of which were great. The first one was a couple who I really connected with, we had a ton of fun. The second one was a Polish woman aged 36 who I enjoyed getting to know as well. Plus she insisted on feeding me every meal, okay, you twisted my arm, I guess I'll let you cook me every meal :) Made me think there might be something to these mail-order brides if they're anything like this haha, jk, kind of.
Went to Athens late Monday night, didn't get to my host's until 12:30 at night, at which point I show up and they're having dinner on the patio, gotta love those Greeks! Got up the next day and spent all day walking around the Acropolis and the National Archaelogical Museum, both of which were truly fascinating. I saw heiroglyphics at the Museum, how sweet is that?! Not to mention the Parthenon is as great as it's made out to be, would definitely recommend it to anyone.
Yesterday I came over to Santorini on a ferry ride. Picked up a scooter today and was super excited about driving a scooter again. Only difference was that this time I had the less-than-great experience of laying my scooter on its side as I wiped out. Haven't been this scraped up since riding bikes as a kid. Oh well, what's life without a few scrapes and bruises along the way, right? Went to a beach this evening and got to see a wonderful sunset, which I forgot to take pictures of, of course. Santorini is beautiful, I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great getaway. By the way, Santorini is the first place where I've had to stay at a hostel. I thought I was going to in Prague but my couchsurfing host let me stay another night. Oh yeah, second host in Prague was way better then the first one, wasn't in the same ballpark. He was an American so it was nice to talk to someone with a similar background.
Well, I can't really think of anything else right now, so I'm going to sign off.
Till next time,
Justin
1 comment:
Did you go to the concert in your those sweat pants and jacket? :D
Post a Comment