This past week, for some reason, I've attracted weirdos to me who seem to want to tell me a story of some sort. I don't know why this is, but I'm gaining an idea of what my girlfriends mean when they say they attract weirdos. The first one was at a library. I went to the bathroom, and this guy started talking to me.
"Wow. You came in here like a ghost."
"Oh, sorry about that."
"Well, you are a ghost in the sense that the only thing real about you is your mind."
Then, when I walk out of the bathroom, the same guy says, "You looked confused. I didn't mean to confuse you."
To which I reply, "No worries." Then I went back into the library as quickly as possible because I really didn't care to hear any more of this guy's crazy theories.
Today, I was in a Starbucks this morning, enjoying my 3 vanilla bean scones and venti ice water like I always get. As soon as I sit down, the guy across from me says, "You wanna hear a story."
To this I reply, "Sure." Thinking in my head this ought to be good.
"Several years ago, I was in the jungle of Guatemala. I was with this beautiful woman, but that's not important to the story. Anyways, we were on this hammock, and all of a sudden this creature runs close to us and I can't see because I'm really tired and groggy. But I looked at it, and I think I know what it is now. It was a Sasquatch."
At this point I can't keep from laughing, because some guy just told me he saw a Sasquatch. Then he goes on saying, "Yeah, I think a man had sex with an ape and this thing was produced."
Why do these random people tell me the weirdest stuff? Do I just have a sign on my forehead that says, "Hey, come talk to me. I'd love to hear your random nonsense that comes out of your mouth." Oh well, I had a pretty good laugh about Sasquatch man today :)
No comments:
Post a Comment