Saturday, February 11, 2012
Couchsurfing again finally, only hosting this time around
I got a couchsurfing request yesterday from a Belgium guy who's 24 and his traveling companion, an Austrian girl who's 20. They wanted to surf my couch that same night. Thankfully, I was wide open that night and was super excited about hosting them. So much so that I was just about as excited as when I get to travel myself to somewhere new. We've had a great weekend so far and I've had fun showing them around and feeding them, being the hungry travelers that they are. We went to the Amish market today, something I've been meaning to do anyways, and we had to laugh at a man who was wearing suspenders and yet was on a cell phone. It just seemed out of place to us. We also went to the "Old Salty Dog" a local place out on Siesta that serves up some great fish usually. Then we went to the beach but only momentarily as it was getting rather cold with a cold front moving in at that point. They only wanted to stay one night but I talked them into staying for two so I hope they enjoy themselves here. They say they want to make it to California by way of Texas and I said those two places are about as different as could be. Well, I should probably get back to hosting so I'm going to get off here for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment