A friend of mine told me about a Youtube video the other day that was made by an animator at Pixar. The guy had made 7 movies and was working on his 8th at the time, Monsters U I believe. He had a ton of great insight about how all good stories essentially follow the same six steps.
I watched it because I have a dream of writing children’s books one fine day. It’s difficult though. I read things by famous authors who say you need to write every day, even when you don’t feel like it. I’ve started doing that little by little, but I’m still at the point where I just honestly forget some days to write. Sometimes I’ll blog, sometimes I’ll journal, other days I’ll work on kids book ideas.
It isn’t something that will become full-time most likely but rather just because I enjoy writing and want to try something new, kind of a hobby basically. They say when you try and do a hobby full-time it becomes as boring as any other work so at this point I just want to keep it on the fun side as a little hobby of mine.
I’ve been telling people I need a new hobby. My old one was traveling. Now I’m not able to do that except for work. It’s fine; I gained an awesome mate in the process, but I do still need something to keep my mind active when I’m not in the process of partnership development.
Normally I’d tell you what I want to write the childrens books about but I don’t want to spoil you :) Plus I want to write a series about it so it will keep taking some time.
My grandpa was a fantastic storyteller. He knew how to reel you in and then deliver the punchline flawlessly. I still miss him, five years later. We all do. Hopefully my life will have even half the impact that his did in the future. If I can perfect the art of storytelling in order to do so, that would make me extremely grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment