What’s the solution? In my mind it’s got to be resolved within respectful relationships. Whether it’s a politician on the other side of the aisle or a citizen from a different race, how can we possibly expect to have a balanced perspective if we never talk to someone from the other side of the issue?
It’s incredibly easy to demonize others, isn’t it? It seems to be a part of our human nature that we must fight against with great intention. I still love to argue but am realizing more and more arguing is quite futile in most cases. Proving I’m right shouldn’t be the end goal of most discussions, agreed? Also, it becomes much more difficult to demonize the other side or person if you know the names of their kids.
I have staked my life on the gospel, but increasingly believe one is normally not argued into eternity. It does happen I’m sure but I just wonder if the best use of our resources is developing better and better apologetics rather than learning how to love our neighbor as ourselves. How much do we spend on furthering our education versus how much do we spend on throwing neighborhood parties? Believe me, I’m just as guilty as the next guy on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment