I started calling her the Spanish version of this first, "Santa Steffani", not pronounced like Santa Claus in case you're wondering :) We were in Salamanca studying Spanish and our classmates were dumbfounded that Stef cooked every night for us as a couple. We hosted large groups of fellow students from around the world, and they were all benefited by her hospitality. It wasn't the first time I realized but it certainly reiterated what I already knew, Steffani is a saint.
Most good men would probably agree that their wives are saints too, when they're not having a marital spat of some sort. Steffani, in particular, waited 8 long years for me to come around to the idea of a relationship with her. Now she's an incredible wife to me and an even more incredible mother to our two beautiful children.
Men, if you aren't already, I'd recommend praying with your wife nightly if you have similar schedules or pray sometime when you're both around. A preacher at our church mentioned the divorce rate among couples who pray together daily is less than 1 in 1,000 or something crazy like that. Since then we've prayed most days, not every day of course but most, and it has really helped build intimacy in our marriage. I'm always reminded what a gift Stef is when I hear her pray. I've always been a pray-er myself but she has a deep relationship with Jesus that I'm humbled by when I hear her pray.
As Proverbs says, "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD." How true that is. Don't get me wrong, we have marital "discussions" just like everyone else, but I'm beyond grateful I get to spend the rest of my life with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment