Monday, April 1, 2013

sick and tired of it!

This past weekend was a rough one to say the least.  I dropped 6 pounds in a 24 hour period by way of water weight.  Thankfully, I'm very rarely sick but when I am, let me tell you the world is about to end!  I'm told I'm not the only man that acts like this, like I said thankfully it doesn't happen very often.  I complained to about anyone who would listen, but now I think I'm finally better and ready to go back to work tomorrow.  Can't wait to see my little ones!  Even if there's a good chance it was one of them that got me sick haha  Oh well, I won't hold it against them I suppose.

My prayers on Saturday consisted of about one thing, a prayer for healing.  Man I hate being sick like that.  I don't know anyone who enjoys being sick, there's not like there's ever a convenient time for it to happen, although I will say I'm happy it happened on the weekend when I was home and not at school this time.  It seems like I've been sick a lot lately, both mentally and physically.  Last week, I had a head cold all week so I was unable to work out, just as I was finally getting in the groove of things again.

My utmost respect to people who have to suffer through some sort of constant pain.  I can't imagine how they do it.  I know I'm a baby when I'm sick, I would be just a terrible person to be around if I were in constant pain.  Some people manage it though.  And other people get addicted to pain medication through the process.

Last year, I had a hernia for a few days and that was some immense pain.  They gave me some serious pain medication which I was extremely careful with since I knew they were so easy to get addicted to.  Yeah, all in all these few short times of being sick really serve to make me grateful for that which I most often take for granted, my health.  

Being healthy is a gift from God, and one He usually chooses to bless the young with, although that sometimes depends on where you live when you're born.  As His body, though, I believe it is our duty to bring healing to the nations, both spiritually and physically.  I have some friends doing amazing work in third world countries and some more who are about to go out on the mission field.  They are just doing some awesome work for God and I'm excited to see how their health education in specific regards to sanitation will cut down on diarrhea and other preventable diseases.  There is good in the world, in spite of what news stations would have us believe.

No comments: