Another thing I’m extremely grateful for this year is the opportunity to pursue the dream I feel called to. Have you ever seen those quotes that say, “I’m not telling you it’ll be easy, but it’ll be worth it.”? That is sort of where I feel like I am right now. I’m pursuing the dream that I feel God has placed in my heart and it’s really tough at times; I joked on Sunday about how I get rejected all the time while fundraising.
At the same time though, I wouldn’t trade it for all the money in the world. It can be very tough and very discouraging at times, this whole fundraising thing, but at other times it’s actually a very joyful process believe it or not. I’ve reconnected with old friends from different times in my past and it has truly been a joy to share with them where we’re at as a couple and to catch up on their lives. I really love that part of it.
Along those same lines, I’m beyond grateful for all of our current supporters. This line of work isn’t easy to be sure, and having people backing us prayerfully and financially is the only thing that makes it all possible. This year has been focused on fundraising and there’s simply nothing glamorous about it. All the more reason to get excited when people join our team even now before we get to the field.
NMSI has a wise policy that you have to be 100% funded before you go to the field. The idea is you don’t want to be stuck overseas without any money, a very wise idea indeed. Some people have assured me that more people will give when we get overseas but that’s basically a moot point since we can’t get to the field until we’re fully funded. With that in mind, our supporters who have been with us a while already are critical in us moving forward.
It’s incredibly humbling to live on support. You realize you truly don’t own anything and it makes you think twice before you spend money on stuff. It’s pretty cool though really when you think about it. Our support paycheck comes directly from people who believe in us and are generous enough to support us financially. It’s wonderful to think of it that way. I don’t always succeed in thinking that way of course but when I’m at my best I remember that my paycheck comes from all different types of people who love Steffani and me.
There’s a whole lot to be grateful for this year. Sometimes negativity can rear its ugly head and get the best of me. That’s another reason I love this time of year; it’s a chance to recalibrate our heart’s direction. Thanksgiving causes us to reflect on all that God has blessed us with and that is something to celebrate on a regular basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment