Today was one of the first days in a long time I was able to share about God in Spanish. I have before in the Dominican Republic of course, maybe I should specify it was one of the first times in a long while that I've almost cried while sharing about Christ in Spanish.
I was picking up pizza with our shop's manager, Robert. He too has a young son, maybe 2 years old so slightly older than David. What God has taught me the most about His character lately is how much He loves me as His own child. It's hard to imagine that God loves me infinitely more than I love my son. Furthermore He even delights in me.
Frequently I've been so hard on myself that I don't see the value that God places on me simply because I'm His child. Spiritual myopia blinds me to what God Himself says about me.
In the past, I've always viewed God as Judge. He is Judge to be sure, just read Revelation if you don't believe that. He judges everyone in the end. Simultaneously, He takes great delight in us as His children. We can find great rest in that truth.
As we were waiting for our pizza I was describing all this to Robert who was pleased to hear it and in agreement. Then I shared how I can't imagine God sacrificing His only Son on the cross and Robert reminded me of Abraham in the Old Testament as a precursor to Christ to show how faithful God is to his people.
I thank God that as I grow in my knowledge and use of Spanish I can use it to glorify Him more and to different people. What a gift that is, to be able to share about His glory in 2 languages. Now it's finally occurring to me why I needed to learn Spanish in the first place, to witness to those I wouldn't be able to witness to without it. Of course God uses Spanish speaking people to minister to other Spanish speaking people. But it's an honor to be called to this cross cultural work and work alongside local believers in order to encourage and equip the saints in my second language.
May you realize as you read this how much God loves and delights in you, simply because you are His child and He has chosen you to be adopted into His family. What a great privilege it is to be called children of God, and that is what we are! That's somewhere in one of the letters of John I believe and I can say that now as much as at any other time in my life. Blessings be to Him who is able to do all things.
No comments:
Post a Comment