Saturday, October 5, 2019

Miscarriage and afterthoughts

Its been a while since I've written.  In the meantime we had a miscarriage which was fairly traumatic and which we both still feel the emotional effects of at times.

Life moves on of course, and with a little one you can't simply sit in your grief very long.  I'm so grateful for David, especially now.  Before I was head over heels about him but now there's a deeper sense of gratitude after the loss.

We go on walks in the morning and evening which I know I will always cherish.  He's already a fast little guy and loves running around the loop at our apartment complex park.

Delighting in my boy who brings me great joy makes me realize my Father in heaven sees me the same way, only infinitely more.  How can God delight in me that way?  All I see is my own sin, yet I'm hidden in Christ.  Christ's sacrifice covers and removes my sin so that I might draw near to Father God.

My hope is in Christ alone.  A miscarriage is a terrible way to be reminded of that fact.  We had hopes and dreams concerning our little one, yet ultimately we place our hope and grief in the only One who truly understands us.

No comments: