Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father's Day, Times 2

It occurred to me today just how much my life has changed recently.  Last night, on a Saturday night mind you, Stef fell asleep on the couch before 10pm and all I wanted to do was fall asleep myself.  Not that we ever went out on the town much but man, feeling old lately.  Or maybe just like a dad.

6 years ago I was still living a bachelor life.  Now I have a wife and a 2 year old with another due in December.  Life has changed in so many ways and now I am so much better off than I was as a single guy.  My singleness was great don't get me wrong, I traveled the world and had the time of my life.  But this chapter is different, richer, sweeter.

I have more responsibility, infinitely more.  Once upon a time I thought that was the last thing I wanted.  I remember pitying guys who I thought were addicted to wanting responsibility.  Some guys just wanted to get married and settle down and I didn't understand why.  My spirit was a wandering one to be sure.

Now that I have responsibilities, I appreciate the weight of it.  I appreciate providing for the needs of my family.  I am grateful for the gifts God has entrusted into my hands, my wife, my son, and my soon to be baby in December.  There is more stress involved with this chapter of my life but it is so much sweeter.

I am excited and scared at the prospect of another baby in December.  I have no idea how we will manage, but i also didn't know how I'd manage to be married nor how I'd manage having the first kid.  But with God all things are possible.  As a good Father He blesses His children with incredibly good gifts.  And I will be forever grateful.

No comments: