Sunday, June 6, 2021

Been a while

The last time I wrote was fall of last year, wowza.  It makes sense though, I mean we did have a baby and all haha

Darcy is her name and she is just darling, we love her to pieces in exactly the same way we love David to pieces.  It's true what they say, your love expands as your family grows.  With David I felt my heart would just burst and the true can be said of Darcy.  When they're teenagers I'm not sure I'll be saying my heart could just burst but I'll enjoy them while they're at the stages they are  :)

David LOVES to rough house, he's my little wrestler.  I often comment to others I wish I could bottle his energy and sell it, I'd be a millionaire many times over by now!  It's great to have a young son who pushes me to keep up with him already.  I was hoping I'd make it till he was 14 for him to beat me in a foot race, now I think I'll be lucky to make it till when he turns 11.  He's already super fast, and likes to use 'super cat speed' like on his favorite show, PJ Masks.

Darcy is a dream baby, the kind you almost feel guilty to have.  She's only fussy when she's tired or hungry, and most adults have their own versions of fussiness for the same reasons haha  She already sleeps through the night so hallelujah for that!  She's very sweet and I cherish with all my heart the times she lays her sweet head on my chest, just like I did with David.

I've heard a comedian say, "Children are like farts.  You don't mind your own but other people's.  Whew."  I don't mind other people's kids though, maybe that was why I was a teacher for a while.  I am of course partial to my own though, they are great kiddos.  David struggles with sharing but that's most 2 and 3 year olds that have to learn that lesson repeatedly.  Sometimes we adults even struggle with that lesson, don't we?

Work is going well.  We're hopefully starting a cafe soon, all we have left is to connect the electricity and plumbing and then we should in theory be good to go.  I say in theory because this has taken much longer than any of us expected.  As a missionary friend in Haiti likes to say though, "Things just take longer than they take."  If you've ever worked in a developing country you can relate to that saying I'm sure.

We're also starting a plantain business soon that we're super excited about.  We'll be planting about 2 acres of land with almost 2,500 plantain trees.  One of my coworkers down there studied ag business so it's fun to see him take the lead on this.

Anyway, that was a bit scatter brained so bless you if you've read to the end  :)  Just felt the need to get back into writing.  We'll see if I can stick with it for a while again now. 

No comments: