I've read many people don't read after they finish school, whether that be high school or college. Maybe they get burned out on reading in school, or maybe they never enjoyed it in the first place.
I was one of the lucky kids who had both parents read to him from a young age. I watch my parents read to my kids now and it brings me great joy to know that's how I was raised too. Now I get to pass that joy onto my own kids. I am very animated when I read bc I want them to fall in love with reading themselves one day. I think it's working bc David already loves to tell stories that start with, "One day..."
Reading should be done with inflection and animation in your voice, and later in the voice in your head. That's what makes it fun and engaging. If you read monotone of course you're going to hate it.
So, pick up a book and rediscover the love of reading. I promise you won't regret it. As long as it's a good book lol
No comments:
Post a Comment