Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolutions, 2012

2012 holds a lot of promise. My most recent post was about 2011 year in review, now I hope to try and preview 2012, which is impossible to do of course, but I can at least share some resolutions. These are ones I made up the other day when I was sitting around not really doing anything. Here goes...

1. Read through the Bible at least once. I have a 90 day Bible to help with this so hopefully I can get through it again like I did about a year ago. 90 days is a shorter time period but it helps you get a better feel for the overall narrative of the Bible.

2. Lose 5 pounds by March 1st. I'm hoping to lose more than that of course, anywhere from 25-40 pounds would be nice, but I've got to start somewhere and that seemed a manageable goal to start out with.

3. Don't drink soda. This goes hand in hand with #2 I think, but I'm pretty sure I've been packing on the pounds just through soda intake alone so I figure if I can cut that out I'll be much better off.

4. Run a 5k again. I'm signing up for a running program in order to achieve this so that should definitely help.

5. Finish saving for a 3 month emergency fund. Ideally, I will have accomplished this within 2 months.

6. Cut back on sweets intake. This will probably be the hardest as I have a sweet tooth the size of Texas.

I also put in some resolutions about different conferences or books that I read that gave me some different ideas, but those are my main 6 for starting out the year. They're all very doable, now it's just a matter of self discipline and not giving up like I usually do. Resolutions are good to help plan a year. Often times they're hard to keep, but being the idealist that I am I don't know what I'd do without them :)

No comments: