Well, the resolutions are going well for the most part so far. The only one I've really struggled with, and I knew this would be the hardest, is the cutting back on my sweets intake resolution. Holy cow I crave sugar like a child or something! Just on Monday, it was one of my student's birthdays, actually two of them shared a birthday; but one of them brought in a cookie cake. Now, I can usually say no to the store bought cupcakes as those are usually pretty gross. But a cookie cake?! Oh man, now THAT is a weakness if I've ever had one! So I indulged my sweet tooth and then some like ya do when you're trying to keep resolutions. The same student brought me a venti sized cup full of chocolate that he meant to give me at Christmas but his mom forgot to make it then. What do I do when I'm stressed out earlier today? I eat about half of that stupid cup of good good chocolate! Ah man!
I've also been tracking my walking with RunKeeper, a cool little app on my iPhone that makes tracking your workouts really easy. So far, I've been doing right at about 2 miles in about 30 minutes worth of walking. To me, that's a fairly brisk pace, at least enough to keep my heart rate up and burn some calories. I've got to try and prepare my body for the running club coming up here in a couple short weeks. I even ran a little, mind you a very little, bit the other day when I went out for a walk.
The Bible reading has been coming along, I just finished day 4 today so that was good. For some reason I don't struggle as much with that one as I do with the diet and exercise. Sometimes it seems like I could sit and read for hours. I've always enjoyed reading, for as long as I can remember. It is a simple joy that I cherish to have the ability to do. Fast reading has never been my forte, but I still enjoy reading a good amount of books on occassion.
Well, I just felt like updating my blog with how the resolutions were coming along, hope you enjoyed this short entry!
No comments:
Post a Comment