Tuesday, February 12, 2013

rappin' for G-O-D :)

I need your salvation now, like I did back then
Need to work it out with fear and tremblin'
Why does it have to be so utterly humblin'
Walkin' feels more like some sort of bumblin'

Need You, God, to redeem my life from this pit
Can't stay here much longer, I refuse to just sit
In Your Word You say You draw near to the broken-hearted
I need to feel You now, to know that You'll finish what You started

Draw me into Your glorious light
Into the day and out of the night
Feels like I got ankle weights on as I try and get out
Gotta lift up, gotta end this bout

Even in the trials I will praise His holy Name
For when I am finished, I will never be the same
Sometimes He chooses to refine us by fire
It seems all you can do is just hold on by a wire

His promises are true, surely you've seen that by now
He's taken your breath away, made you say countless wow's
So just hold on, you'll get over this too
This melancholy will fade, you'll pull out of this blue

God calls me His masterpiece, a work of art
Need His transforming love to rule my heart
To see myself as God sees me, that's the real trick
He sees someone holy and whole, when all I see is sick

To see the divine in others, perhaps we should start with our own reflection
His grace covers all our sin, our whole being, including every section
Not one part is left out, even that part that makes you feel guilt and shame
Is His touch not enough, the touch that healed the blind and the lame?

God is so much bigger than that box we try and stuff Him in
You've got to realize that He wants to rid you of your sin
So let Him into your heart, let Him do His thing
And when He's finished, His praise will you sing


No comments: