Today, as part of orientation at NMSI, the board prayed over myself and the other ones who were going through orientation. For some reason, perhaps selfish, I've always loved being prayed over by others. There's a power I feel when people pray over me, whether it's just one other person or a group like it was today.
In addition, yesterday I sent out a simple email to get to know how to use Mailchimp. The subject of the email was straightforward enough, "Pray for me!!!" I think is what I put. I got several responses last night and today of people who informed me they were praying. Again, what a great feeling.
What I'm learning during my time here at orientation is that prayer is the most important aspect of support raising. A friend calls it team building which I really like, but I'm going to be using the term support raising to avoid any confusion. Team building is a great way to look at it though because you are developing a prayer team who can support you financially but some of them can only support you prayerfully, which is more important anyway.
Why in the world is prayer more important than finances? Money makes the world go round, right? Actually, God makes the world go round. Hence why it's more important to get people praying for you first before you start raising support.
It was an honor and blessing to be prayed over by the board today. Afterwards, I was seated next to a very sweet elderly woman who reminded me of my Grandma Browning. She told me softly, "You will succeed." Talk about a motivation speech!!! This woman who has undoubtedly spent many, many years with the Lord prayed over me with the board and then assured me I would succeed! Can I get some more of that please?!
Needless to say, it was a great morning. After lunch I had some stomach problems for some unknown reason, I went through my previous 24 hours of eating and couldn't identify anything out of the ordinary. Although we did have lamb for lunch so maybe that caused it. I went back home and took some pepto pills and then laid down and seem to be better now.
Well, if you're reading this blog and are a Christian, I would appreciate it if you joined my prayer support team. If you didn't receive my first email but want to be added to that email list, send me your email in a message on facebook.
Thank you all for who you are and what you mean in my life. I'm blessed by you all in countless ways!
No comments:
Post a Comment