Saturday, August 17, 2019

A Father's Heart

Recently I've been thinking about God as Father more on a regular basis.  It's hard to imagine He's even more over the moon about me and my son than I am about my son.  He is though, infinitely more.  Sometimes it's easy to forget that He's for us.  He wanted us enough He was willing to send His Son to die for us.  And if He is for us, who can be against us?

Could I give up my son like God the Father did?  Definitely not.  I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice my son for anyone I don't think.  Perhaps that makes me an immature believer but other than Abraham there aren't a lot of examples of people willing to do that outside of God Himself.  

I long for my son to know the love of the Savior like I do.  I want him to search after Him with all his heart when he's older and understands more.  Stef and I are both crazy about our kid, but we know he's only on loan to us for a little while from the Father.  Then, God willing, he'll move out and grow some wings of his own one day.

For now though I'll cherish the times when I rock him to sleep and think about how God wants me to crawl up in His lap and be completely at home there.  We are given access to approach His throne with confidence, what kind of King is He?  That He allows ordinary sinners full access to Him and His love and acceptance?

He wants us to cast all our anxiety on Him.  When times are difficult, He longs for us to run to Him.  To crawl in His lap and find comfort there.  He holds us close even when we feel He is far away.  God is crazy about us, what a humbling and awe-inspiring thought!


No comments: