Friday, August 23, 2019

A Full Heart

I'm about to board a flight back from the DR right now.  Do you ever have those moments where your heart is so full all you can do is say, "Thanks God!"  I'm having one of those right now.

Every time I come down here I feel more at peace.  I'm excited to see people I know and who know me. 

This time I was extra spoiled by seeing one of my best friends down here.  Ryan recruited me to GO and it was great reconnecting with him.  He was leading an exploratory trip for those interested in partnering with a church planter down here.

I spent a total of 1 day with them and had a great time meeting them.  They were genuinely curious and wanted to know more about the work local church planters are doing on the island.  I had wonderful conversations with one in particular who said he'd be willing to let me bounce ideas off him since he used to work at a bank in Florida.

I met once again with Julio, who is fast becoming my best Dominican friend.  They invited me to dinner and I gladly accepted.  We all laughed hard when she said she was going to make tacos but was tired so she ordered a pizza instead.  Anyone else relate to that?  :)

I prayed for dinner and for their family and then Julio prayed for my family before I left.   It was such a special blessing for me.  He also busted out his guitar and he and his wife sang a worship song.  I closed my eyes and tried to take a mental snapshot like a friend once taught me.

I met with several people who want to start businesses and we discussed next steps.  This job is what I was made for.  I couldn't be more excited to do what I'm doing.  I'm so grateful to be living my dream job.  There are of course parts I don't particularly like as there are with any job.  But the privilege of doing exactly what I was put on this earth to do is truly an honor.

No comments: