As many of you know, I find myself in the midst of a long distance relationship, hence the title of this blog. I complained to my roommate today that sometimes dating over skype really just sucks, excuse my language there. The video quality won' come in well and more often then not the call is dropped mid-sentence. Today was especially bad it seemed like between Steffani and me over Skype. We must have dropped 6 calls between us before she finally just called from her calling card on her cell phone.
There are advantages to living in today's society of course. I mean, we have the technology to where it's good enough that I have the audacity to complain about not seeing my girlfriend whose 4 time zones away and on a different continent. I can't imagine living in another era where I wouldn't have this type of access to stay in touch long distance. It's hard enough as it is without the added difficulty of not being able to at least talk over the phone.
The benefit I think we get from this time is good communication. We have to be open and honest even more so as we're unable to see each other's body language in person so we can't pick up on a pretty big part of communication. I can read her face sometimes as she can mine but we have to depend on one another to be honest so we don't have to worry about the other one lying to one or the other.
She comes back to the states in early December and I can't hardly wait! It will be so good to see her face to face, in person after almost 6 months apart. That is a long time to wait if you love someone like I love Stef. We were saying tonight in the midst of being cut off from one another that we really only have 2 full months and then a week in early December before I see her again. Kind of puts things in perspective for those of you who may have a 2 hour commute or something, doesn't it? I'm certainly not trying to be a martyr here or anything; but it would be nice if we were at least in the same time zone.
No comments:
Post a Comment