Monday, April 14, 2014

Perfect Proposal in Prague

A few days ago, I turned 32 years old.  Ever since Stef and I started planning a trip to Prague in December and picked the dates, I had been planning on proposing on my birthday in Prague.  I told pretty much all my friends about it.  I referred to it as the “Perfect Proposal in Prague.” 

I didn’t have a great lead-in speech or anything, but I did come out with the main necessary words of “Steffani, will you marry me?”  She said yes, which was a huge relief to me.  I mean, we had already set a wedding date of December 31st but it was still nice to be reaffirmed.

Stef responded by saying, “What are you doing?” which kind of baffled me.  I mean, why else would I be getting down on one knee, right?  She later explained that it was more out of shock than anything else.  When I tell the story though, I make it sound like she said it condescendingly.

I was worried about the size of the ring at first, but it actually looks perfect on her finger.  And Stef said it was perfect, so that is all that really matters to me.  I will admit I needed to hear that from her though.  It is simple, elegant and classy if you ask me.

She said yes, and I couldn’t be more excited to marry this girl.  She’s everything I’ve looked for in a woman.  I’ve been told by other women that my list was too long and detailed and I’d never find a woman like that.  I sure am glad they were wrong.  My list was summarized by the acronym SCESFIALS which stands for Strong Christian, Emotionally Stable, Fit, Intelligent, Attractive, Laughs, Sociable.  Stef fits all those and much more.

I’m really glad I waited for someone like her and didn’t jump too soon with someone else.  She’s everything I want and more.  Not that those things mean everything but they will surely help.

My parents both tell me about the importance of being committed to commitment.  So while everything is truly awesome right now, I’m under no illusion that it will always be this way.  There will come a day where we drive each other nuts I’m sure.  And that’s when commitment will be ever so important.  I am committed to Stef, which is much easier now then it will be in the future I’m sure.

We both love Jesus, which is the most important thing in life.  We did a little Bible reading and reflection today which was so encouraging to me and hopefully to her too.  We will need to spur one another toward Christ, to walk in His ways and the good works He has prepared in advance for us to do.  We are to be a picture of how God loves His Church.  That is a pretty high calling indeed.  As one of our friends put it on Facebook, she knows we will be a power couple for Christ.  Those were such encouraging words and something I hope and pray really will come true.


God is good and has blessed me with many gifts through the years.  I have always had the best family and friends in the world.  Now He has blessed me with a beautiful woman to marry.  I simply couldn’t be any happier!

No comments: