I decided to write this post because I figured not a lot of guys do this and it’s a fairly simple step to take to make deposits in your wife’s love bank or however you want to put it. Since I’m fairly certain more women read my blog than men, feel free to share this with your significant others if you’re a woman reading this.
Something you may not know about me is that I’m forgetful...most of the time. Hence why I proposed on my birthday and got married on New Year’s Eve, so I’d never forget those dates. With this in mind, when I was a teacher I would often struggle with remembering all I had to do. This was before I was introduced to Google Calendar and Google Tasks. Some people prefer written to do lists and physical calendars but I’ve found my brain works best with digital assistants.
The best way I feel I’ve loved my wife over the past year is by making a Google Calendar event that repeats every two weeks. It simply says, ‘Check in on flowers, chocolates or love letter.’ That way, every two weeks I remember to do those simple and inexpensive things. I like writing so that is most often what I do, but I also know Steffani is like most women and appreciates the occasional flowers and/or chocolate. As an added bonus, if I get a king-sized candy bar I usually get to eat half of it because she normally doesn’t want it.
The flowers are inexpensive because I get them from Walmart. It has been my extensive research to conclude that flowers are the same no matter where you get them from. So, men, don’t just wait for Valentine’s Day to express your love to your wife or significant other. Make a simple repeating calendar event on whichever digital calendar you use to remind yourself to do something just a little special to brighten your woman’s day. That’s it, that’s the big love hack.
No comments:
Post a Comment