So, what’s the solution to my weight loss dilemma and bad habit of too much sugar consumption? I need to figure out what the baby steps are and then take those baby steps. I know this, I’ve read it in 400 different books and apply it to my financial situation with Ramsey’s 7 baby steps. As a side note, getting out of debt doesn’t feel like a baby step, it feels like a Goliath step.
There are 3 things I’m wanting to try and do every day. Every day I want to read, write and exercise. If I can do those three things every day, I’d call that a success. Maybe not even write every day since I’m just trying to do 2 blogs a week on average, but I try and read the Bible every day and some kind of exercise would be highly beneficial every day.
How do you do those 3 seemingly simple things? It’s not the difficulty of any of those things for me that’s the problem; it’s the consistency that I want with each that I fall short of. Just like with cutting down on sugar, I need to make baby steps. Write just a little every day. Follow a Bible plan every day and set aside other time for more leisure based reading. Set aside 30 minutes for exercise.
Any habit a person wants to start should start with baby steps. I’ve learned this the hard way yet again in trying to lose weight. I drank from a fire hose talking to my personal trainer buddy and have since gone back to him with my tail tucked between my legs since so far I’ve failed on trying to lose body fat.
Perhaps losing body fat is a lot like losing debt. It takes a detailed plan and it requires taking the first baby step. I probably need to add sweet tea to the bet with my friend that helped me get off soda. I justify sweet tea though because at least it doesn’t have all the chemicals of soda, right? Still though, all that sugar is just not good for me. Here’s to baby steps.
No comments:
Post a Comment