The bad news is I simply replaced the soda habit with a sweet tea habit. I’ve cut it down to half sweet and half unsweet tea but still, way too much sugar. I’ve tried My Fitness Pal and counting calories, but honestly I just forget 9 times out of 10 to do that. I talked to a dear friend who is a personal trainer about putting myself on a plan and we talked for an hour and I got way too much information and am not sure what the first few steps to take are.
Sugar is far and away my worst bad habit in terms of diet and exercise. I haven’t been exercising as much this past week either but sugar is so much worse in terms of the effects on your body. I saw a documentary that said something like 1 cookie is equivalent to 20 minutes of jogging. A doctor friend of mine said weight loss is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. Obviously, I need to put more work into the diet side of the equation.
I also have a weakness for salt and vinegar chips. They are such a downfall of mine. Way too much sodium that makes me retain water, and yet my mouth is watering just typing about the darn things. When I’m overseas weight just falls off of me. It’s got to do with diet I’m sure as my diet is different when I’m overseas. The portions are more sane to put it nicely. Here I’ve got to be more in control of my portion sizes and for whatever reason that is just really tough for me. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t clear my plate; I feel that I’m being wasteful when I don’t clear my plate.
No comments:
Post a Comment